Ten-Hole Front Roll Out Metal Chicken Nesting Box with Plastic Perches and Nest Bottoms
- Heavy-duty plastic perches and nest bottoms
- Eggs safely roll down the front of the nest for easy collection
- Incorporates plastic nest pads to make a completely sanitizable unit
- Roll-out bottom dramatically reduces egg breakage
- Durable construction enables nest to provide multiple seasons of trouble-free use
- High front and back panels eliminate the scratching of litter out of the nest
- Utilization of plastic perches and nest bottoms eliminates the harboring of lice and bacteria commonly found in wooden perches of competitive brands
Outside Measurements: 33"H x 60"W or 83.8H x 152.4W cms
Hole size: 7"H x 11-1/2"W or 17.78H x 29.2W cms
NOTICE: LOSS OR DAMAGE IN TRANSIT:
The Egg Carton Store is not responsible for any loss or damage to goods in transit. This includes small bends, tears, and dents that may occur to your nests during the shipping process. Luckily, the sheet metal backing of our nests make it quick & easy to hammer out most dents. Most damages that occur during shipment will still allow nests to be used for their intended purpose. Refunds and exchanges will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
I purchased 3 of these this summer thinking they would be great and help with having really clean eggs. I couldn't have been more wrong. These are the worst nesting boxes I've ever used. The plastic flap covering the roll out portion gets crapped on constantly. The flap makes it difficult to collect eggs easily. When birds poop inside the boxes, it tends to get the eggs dirty and even prevents some eggs from rolling out. In order to clean the plastic inserts in the boxes, you have to remove the whole unit from the wall in order to pull them out for cleaning. It's a terrible design and I wouldn't recommend buying them. I plan to sell mine and will purchase 3 more of the other ones I boThese are really expensive for being so poorly designed. ught from a different manufacturer (not roll out style).
If you are looking for a good quality, easy to assemble set of nests this is it. This is my second set. They greatly reduce broken eggs, and eggs are generally cleaner. I have found though it works better without nest pads, as the pads get full of manure and eggs don't roll out as well and get broken, dirty, kicked out. The plastic bottoms, trays and perches are a nice compliment to the nests as they replace wooden/metal.
We have ordered these rollout nests before and have been very happy with them. The shipping time is very good.